marzo 31, 2008

WE WANT YOU!

In prior lives, I got the chance to interact with young men who were enlisted into the army, marines or any of the American groups that are deployed to war. When they talked about war, I could see their nationalism shining in their eyes and the hopes they had in their country to liberate other people from the oppression of their horrible leads.

I also had the opportunity to chitchat with some veterans and I could see that they are still trying to convince themselves that all the efforts and sufferings were worth it. They tell you they are proud of what they did but their eyes uncover the truth in their souls. I am sure they saw many people dying for the wrong reasons.

This really bugs me… the war itself bothers me a lot. I hate seeing all these issues in the newspaper, I think about the young boys and girls who go over there with high hopes and they come back with nothing but fear, or they don’t come back at all.

It makes me real sad… I wanted to cry one day that I saw a couple of wives and a bunch of kids at the airport, all dressed up, all anxious to see their daddy. I know that moment was joy for them but…all the months they were waiting for him? How do they deal with it? How do they handle knowing that their loved ones might be killed that day?

I have had this concern all the time but last week, when I was in San Francisco, I saw so many homeless people, the majority where war veterans. I could see them counting pennies just to get food for that night… it was just so disturbing to see all of them at once.

My question is… is it really worth it? Is it really worth to go and free a country with war by giving away your own freedom and peace of mind?

I know this is not about the freedom of a country; it’s about money, power and disgusting human ambition. They literally want them…

P.S. Ya pasamos los 100 POSTS en este blog ;)

2 Comentarios:

A la/s 7:09 a.m., Anonymous Anónimo dijo...

Felicidades por los 100 blogs!! Me considero fan asidua, así que felicidades a mi también jajaja. Nomás una pregunta, cómo qué "in my past lives"?
Hablando ya del escrito, yo creo qué todo se resume en tu última frase. Nunca había pensando en la guerra desde esta perspectiva, y tienes razón pues, realmente vale la pena?

 
A la/s 7:53 a.m., Blogger Tita dijo...

mia: muchas felicidades! jajajajjaa

"Past lives" es un decir... como que hace mucho... o en otra etapa de mi vida... no te asustes! No he reencarnado... AUN.

Yo me opongo a la guerra rotundamente... si es por la libertad de un pueblo en realidad a lo mejor dices "OKAY" pero es un secreto a voces que el móvil de esta guerra es otro.

 

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Comentarios de la entrada [Atom]

<< Página Principal