febrero 04, 2009

LIGHTNING COULD STRIKE

I’ve always wondered what does people mean when they say: “This is it, this is the person for me” I always thought “yeah, like they really know”.

I really think that finding THE one person you know you could spend the rest for your life with is the hardest decision, the hardest choice you will make in your life. It probably makes sense to say that I am a non fanatic but catholic kind of person, that believes in one marriage, one life with the other person, and one love, once you make that decision. I totally support the process of trying to find this person you know? I mean, like someone once said, you have to kiss a lot of frogs to finally find your prince or princess. But once you find it, you commit to it, you embrace it, and you take it and live by it.

But my questions then would be: “WHEN do you know?” is it true you feel the butterflies in your stomach? Is it true it comes like a lightning striking into your life without warning? I want to believe this, but my reason and my (not so much but it counts) experience tell me that it is hard to believe this. Because I’ve been in some relationships where at some point I said… THIS IS IT... This is what people talk about… but then my subconscious comes and bites me telling me “nop, you were mistaken and this is definitely not it” and then comes the breaking up and the rest of the deal where I end up alone all over again.

And then, you showed up, with all your energy, all your personality that captivated me. Where at the beginning I thought, “Well, not bad at first sight” and after one night, this ONE night, we were so into each other that no one could tare us apart. You were kind, you were strong. You were sweet and smart. You were smiling but so serious at the same time that you gave me the chills. No one has ever entered my life in so little time and with so much intensity. I have never felt this way before! I know, cheesy, but true!

To tell the truth, at the beginning, I didn’t know if you were THE one, but I did know you were there with all this passion and all this strength that I couldn’t resist you, and I seat there next to you and it felt … comfortable. It felt right, it felt natural, and it felt GOOD! I have never felt that good with somebody in so long, it scared me, but didn’t stop me from being with you. And so it started this incredible journey that took me so high, and so far, that I just don’t want to go back.

Who would it thought that we’d be together right here right now, from the very beginning, from day one. I just couldn’t do it, I just couldn’t leave your house, your bed; I just couldn’t leave YOU! It felt hard even the fact of just going to my house for clothes. It was ridiculous, I swear! It was ridiculously unbelievable! It was amazing, it felt so great! And the best part was that you were feeling EXACTLY like I did.

Today it’s been 3 months, today I feel like I’ve been with you for so long that I could get used to this for the rest of my life. I know it is too soon to say this, but what the hell, who has the rule of time? Who has the law that says that we have to wait to see if it works? It is working as we speak, so why wait? They say it’s to soon, but the way I see it, maybe if we wait, we are giving it a chance NOT to work, so I don’t want to waste anymore time… I don’t want to hesitate; I don’t want to do it like I have been doing it because clearly the past hasn’t work. I don’t want to play it safe, because, believe me, “playing it safe” means nothing when things are just not meant to be. I want to risk it all, what a hell! Let’s go all in! It is fun, it is risky, it is dangerous, it is spontaneous, it is unpredictable… but yet… it is the easiest decision I have ever made because, to tell you the truth, I have never been so sure of something in my life, than this moment, where I can say… THIS… THIS IS IT, You … you are THE one, and I don’t want to keep looking no more, I want to put all my energy and all my life to make THIS ONE work, not to give up, and not to expect the failure, but to long, laugh, live and love!

Yes my friends…. Lighting has strike!

5 Comentarios:

A la/s 8:35 a.m., Blogger Tita dijo...

Amiga, espero que éste escrito no sea ficticio y que en realidad estés así de contenta. En verdad me da mucho por ti y que te "leas" que estás bien.

Siempre me pregunté lo mismo, cuando sabes "que es él". Muchas veces estas con otras personas, la pasas bien y dices "A lo mejor es él" y a lo mejor te imaginas como sería la vida con él pero al mismo tiempo hay "algo" que dice... tal vez no. Es muy difícil de explicar.

Sales a la fiesta, con los amigos y la pasas muy a gusto con esa persona pero no tienes ese momento "profético" esa "epifanía" que te dice ESTO ES... hasta que realmente estás en ese momento, solo así puedes darte cuenta de la diferencia que hay entre pasarla bien, el estar contenta a SENTIRTE REALMENTE PLENA.

Nunca te vas a imaginar que ese momento te pasa cuando estas planchando en tu casa (cosa que realmente odias) y que el está ahi haciendo otros quehaceres y dices "a la nada... esta es la vida cotidiana, esto es lo que realmente es y así quiero que sea" o que vas acompañarlo a un mandado SUPER SIMPLE como el ir a escoger una calculadora para la escuela y te das cuenta que ese momento... ese momentito... es cuando estás realmente sonriendo y te sientes feliz.

Son las cosas simples, las de a diario que te van a ir diciendo poco a poco que por ahí es la cosa. No tiene que ser una sola noche mágica en donde haya fuegos artificiales, cena a la luz de las velas y mucho alcohol... son solo esos pequeños momentos, instantes de tu vida que se van acumulando y dices... ESTE es al que yo quiero.

 
A la/s 11:36 a.m., Blogger Mrs. Ginobili dijo...

Qué te puedo decir? Me encanta oírte tan feliz... Yo en lo personal para nada creo en "this is the one" o, "estamos hechos el uno para el otro".

Creo en la felicidad de cada momento y de cada etapa.Lo de ayer ya pasó y no importa, lo que pase mañana y como te vayas a sentir no lo sabes! así que disfruta el momento, sé feliz con todas tus ganas and give that person my deepest respect by the way!! jajaja Love u

 
A la/s 11:44 a.m., Blogger Tita dijo...

Ahhh en ese aspecto te apoyo Mrs Ginobilli... mira, no existe la persona PERFECTA en el sentido de que todo va a ser vida y dulzura, pero eso es lo interesante, que a pesar de que haya diferencias las sepan manejar pero en general, esa persona, IS THE ONE para cierta etapa de la vida... a unos les dura poco a otros les dura toda una vida.

 
A la/s 1:24 p.m., Blogger Bilutona dijo...

Gracias amigas! la verdad es que si estoy muy feliz!! tendrian que verme jejeje pero bueno al parecer si se me nota en el blog! jejeje

se que cada quien tiene una percepcion diferente de ver la cosas y tal vez unos coincidan mas que otros, pero estoy de acuerdo en que la felicidad se basa en momentos y hay que tomarlos y disfrutarlos... y tambien creo que la felicidad compartida es mucho mejor asi que les comparto mi felicidad! les aviso que no me habia sentido asi nunca y que hoy... no tengo ningun miedo! :)

las quiero muchisimo!

Bilu

 
A la/s 7:22 p.m., Blogger dayanna* dijo...

great story, yo tampoco creo en lo de "the one" creo que todos son "the ones potenciales" mas tenemos que lidear con química y mil cosas más para q la ecuación salga perfecta.. coincido con tita cuando dice que hay que acumular momentitos..

es chido acumularlos y q la relación siga.. es triste cuando tienes tantos y tantos momentos y derrepente la persona se va de tu vida sin razón aparente..

 

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Comentarios de la entrada [Atom]

<< Página Principal