mayo 08, 2008

WE ARE THE WORLD

I remember seeing “We are the world” video on TV, I was there, I was only 5 years old and I truly remember being excited seeing a lot of famous people singing in unison. I don’t think I could understand the meaning of the song but watching all of them, singing with so much feeling… I could feel my heartbeat through all my body.

I wasn’t sure what really happened, I just got the idea that I needed to give a chance to someone to be happy. Can you picture the images of small kids with their sad faces on the TV? I know I couldn’t do anything at the time but singing with them every time I saw them in TV made me think that I was just helping out, the louder I sang the more likely those kids would be able to hear me.

I grew up, and we were required to sing this song for some event in elementary school, it was cool for me to be part of that choir and as I kept growing up, I lost interest on these matters. Isn’t that sad? We grow older and we stop getting excited for little things. I couldn’t do anything, right? So, who cares? I know that if I sing they won’t here me so… the easy way out, just don’t think about it.

What is the point of this post? Well… few days ago, Myanmar or Burma (as other people might know this country as) was hit by a cyclone which so far, has taken the lives of 22,000 people and there are estimates that this number would go up to 100,000. They currently lack clean food, water and medical supplies. Can you help?

There are multiple official websites that are able to take payments from all over the world, no matter the amount you are willing to give. Remember those 10 or 20 dollars that you spend over the weekend in stupid stuff? Well… you can spend them in something that really matters.

Here is a list of websites that we could use:

**Doctors without Borders
**Feed the Children
**Myanmar Aid
**Unicef
**World Vision

Remember:

"We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day
Just you and me"

Michael Jackson


I know, Michael Jackson is not the best referral source to talk about helping out children but in this case… his song is right.

Etiquetas: , , , ,

0 Comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Comentarios de la entrada [Atom]

<< Página Principal