julio 23, 2006

WHAT REALLY MATTERS…

I’ve been thinking… why do we always stress over trivial things? I know, I know! There are some people who are more relaxed but the people who are as anal as I am with detail… Why do we stay hours awake trying to figure it out how to solve a problem at work? Why do we get upset if something is not done the way we want? Why do we change our outfit several times and then complain that we don’t have anything to wear while our closet if filled with different clothes and packed with multicolored pairs of shoes and think “what do I do now, this is the end of the world”?

I’ve been reading the newspaper almost daily, and I feel really bad about the situation in Lebanon. I don’t understand politics, I don’t understand the economical interest and I don’t even understand or support war. I cannot issue any statement about the causes of the conflict but one of its results is the killing of innocent people and that really pisses me off.

If I look in the news all the things that are happening in foreign countries I think “That sucks! I’m sorry for those people” but in this case, I know someone who is there and gave me a great lesson this week.

When I sent him an e-mail just to check how he was doing, instead of complaining about the war or typing any negative comment about the situation he replied:

“The village is full. All my friends are here playing cards and
playstation every night. We’re having fun. LOL!

What can we do if we keep on thinking about the bombing? The stress will kill us! So let’s have fun cuz we can, who knows!”

There is my point…

I don´t believe I will stop stressing over trivial stuff, that is probably impossible for me, but that e-mail made me stop my fast paced routine and think about the things that really matter.

I don’t usually blog in English but this time I made an exception. Let’s have a minute of silence for those who died, for those who are fighting and those who are still waiting to cease the fire. For Chris and all the people in Lebanon.

1 Comentarios:

A la/s 7:55 p.m., Blogger Mrs. Ginobili dijo...

Hace poquito lei un libro que decia que la mayoria de nosotros (pobres ilusos) creemos que vivimos la vida: la vida no es la rutina, ni el trabajo ni lo diario. La vida son esos pequeños momentos fugaces en que te encuentras tan en armonía con el universo que por un instante te sientes feliz.
Tienes razón amiga, lo trivial no importa, por eso se llama trivial!!!!
don't worry be happy que no dice el dicho?????

 

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Comentarios de la entrada [Atom]

<< Página Principal